Energy Consumption During Manufacture

Studies show that u-PVC consumes the least amount of energy during the manufacturing process.

This gives Earthsmart’s products a much smaller carbon footprint than your other options during manufacture.

During manufacture wood uses 1.5 times more energy and aluminium uses 2.8 times more energy than is required to produce u-PVC.


99% Efficiency in Manufacture

Earthsmart’s u-PVC has a manufacturing efficiency of 99%, as waste in the form of vinyl cuttings are easily reheated and reprocessed leaving only 1% of the raw materials as waste.

This is mainly due to the fact that waste in the form of vinyl cutting are easily reheated and reprocessed, leaving only 1% of the raw materials as waste. To put this in perspective, the processing of wood leaves between 50-65% waste, while aluminium processing leaves a whopping 80% waste.


About U-Values

Insulation is measured by a U-value, the amount of heat loss or gain through a material.

The lower the number the better the insulation of the material. Tests using this common

measure repeatedly show that u-PVC significantly out performs Aluminium.


Materials by U-Value

Earthsmart uPVC 0.2-0.4
Wood 0.3-0.5
Aluminium Cladding 0.4-0.6
Aluminium (with thermal break) 0.6-1.3
Aluminium (without thermal break) 1.7-2.4